Does the word make you squirm?
Nobody likes to pay them, but if your going to run a successful photography business they are a necessary evil, that as a business owner, you’re going to have to deal with and manage from day one. And if you don’t handle them properly, errors can be costly in both penalties and interest.
Photographers in North Carolina and many of the other surrounding states have seen several changes this year including rate increases in NC sales taxes and the inclusion of tax on digitally transferred images to NC addresses. With so many changes, many have questions about taxes and waiting until April 15th to have them answered is too late.
- What do you pay tax on?
- Am I paying too much tax?
- What is tax planning & why do it in November?
- If I’m in Mecklenburg County and the clients in Guilford County what is the appropriate sales tax rate?
- What are my options for paying sales tax?
- As a small business owner, do I really need a CPA?
- When should I incorporate my business? And what type should I be?
Join us Tuesday evening for discussion and answers to your questions and more with guest speaker Jaylene Moss – CPA, with years of experience helping small business like yours navigate the issues and burdens that can be brought on by taxes and the agencies that you must pay them to.
Tuesday, November 16
Social from 6-6:30pm
Speaker promptly at 6:30pm.
Black Box Studios
3120 Latrobe Dr. Ste 250
Charlotte, NC 28211
APA Members FREE
CASH or CHECK only
Pay at the door